Westrick Music Academy provides opportunities to grow in a supportive, inclusive, and joyous environment through the experience of musical excellence. Founded in 1989 as Princeton Girlchoir, Westrick Music Academy is now home to Princeton Girlchoir and Princeton Boychoir, the area’s premier training and performance choirs for girls and boys.
The choirs present music from a wide array of genres, conductors and composers. While honing their musicianship, our choristers begin life-long friendships, enjoy professional performance opportunities, and travel the world. Choristers in third through twelfth grade come from towns throughout Central New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania to rehearse each week from September through May, performing in approximately 40 concerts and events throughout the year. The groups have been honored to perform in prestigious concert halls across the country and around the world. In addition, Westrick Music Academy continues to grow new music education and performance opportunities for students of all ages and backgrounds.
The Development and Communications Director leads our efforts to tell the story of Westrick Music Academy effectively to new and existing donors, funders, students, families, audiences, and the community. They are responsible for the fundraising and resource development efforts of Westrick Music Academy, including the annual fund, major gifts, grants, and corporate giving, as well as coordinating marketing and communications efforts around recruitment, audience cultivation, and brand awareness.
Development & Fundraising (55%)
• Develop comprehensive annual development plan in conjunction with the Board Development Committee and Executive Director
• Identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all prospects and donors, with support from Executive Director and Board
• Research and write foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals, managing ongoing relationships
• Develop and implement a successful growth strategy for Annual Giving
• Engage with social media to forward WMA’s development strategies
• Attend concerts and events as appropriate related to donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship
• Participate in the establishment and tracking of annual development goals and budget
• Oversee creation of development materials
• Maintain prospect and donor files
• Lead organization’s database maintenance, ensuring proper tracking of donor and prospect records, and coordinating efforts of other staff to continue accurate data management
• Support the Board Development Committee efforts, assisting in strategy development and implementation, attending meetings as appropriate
• Support efforts of our fledging Alumnae Association and their fundraising team
Marketing & Communications (40%)
• Develop marketing and communication plans and calendars for the organization to foster program awareness, drive recruitment, and build audiences through social media, digital, email, press releases, and other appropriate channels, then lead implementation of the plans
• Determine the right tools to track and evaluate responses and effectiveness of our marketing efforts
• Collaborate across the organization to adopt and develop brand voice and tone, both visually and textually
• Build, leverage, and execute social media presence to drive increased engagement while fostering and building community
• Work with contractors to maintain organizational website, ensuring accuracy and relevancy of content
• Develop print and digital materials as needed, including concert images, ads, brochures, etc., working with volunteers, staff, and contractors as needed
• As part of maintaining the organization’s database, act as the “CRM expert,” coordinating event and registration setup, and integrations between PatronManager (salesforce platform) and other programs
• Assist at major events as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in successful fundraising and communications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills required
• Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
• Demonstrated ability in successful cultivation, face-to-face solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts preferred
• Demonstrated experience in securing grants from government and foundation sources preferred
• Demonstrated experience with alumni relations and annual fund appeals preferred
• Demonstrated experience in recruitment and audience development, using multiple media channels preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, donor database software, email programs, social media, and willingness to learn new programs if needed
• Ability to manage time and priorities independently and adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required
• A passion for music and the arts is a plus
To ensure the safety of all our staff and students, WMA requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination with one of three FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson).
Accommodations related to medical or religious exemption will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and may be discussed with the Executive Director.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SALARY RANGE : $50,000 - $56,000
HOURS: Full-time, including some evening and weekend events. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, flexible hours, some remote work, and travel reimbursement.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@WestrickMusic.org and reference Development and Communications Director in the subject line.
Sign up for Emails