Trenton Circus Squad is a non-profit organization that inspires young people to take big leaps in life. Through our free circus programs, squad members learn how to cooperate, push themselves and serve their community - all through the astonishing practice of circus arts. Squad members learn physical techniques, life skills and build trust with teens from other neighborhoods. They lead community engagement through workshops and performances with younger children and families. It's an often breathtaking experience filled with exercise, learning and joyful laughter for kids of all ages. We are proudly based in Trenton, NJ.
We are seeking a highly competent individual with previous fundraising/development experience to serve as our Director of Development. The position comes with great responsibility, as they will be accountable for maintaining the grant pipeline and increasing donor engagement. Will plan and oversee campaigns and events to raise funds for the organization. Strategize and implement multiple campaigns, like annual giving, capital campaigns, major gifts, and planned giving.
The Director of Development is responsible for executing multiple fundraising/development campaigns to secure funds for the organization’s programming and general operations.
●Play key role in preparing annual fundraising budget Identify measurable outcomes, regularly evaluate effectiveness of initiatives, and shift strategies as necessary. Lead preparation of the Annual Report.
● Oversee and implement research, grant preparation, management, and reporting for foundation, corporate, and government grants; Identify and successfully solicit new sources of major institutional support.
● Manages special events geared towards fund development.
● Prepares fundraising materials for in person, email, and traditional mail solicitation.
● Maintains donor database.
●Regular communication with donors via print and digital newsletters.
● Writing responsibilities also include grant writing and reporting, as well as appeal preparation and donor acknowledgement.
● Furnishing Executive Director with regular progress reports.
● Capital and planned giving campaigns.
● Supports the Executive Director in making direct asks for major gifts.
● Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years of work experience, in this field.
● Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle.
● Pass a background check.
● Strong commitment to Trenton Circus Squad’s mission, vision, and values.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with others, to express ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form, and develop a positive, congenial, professional organizational environment.
● Flexible, with the ability to multitask.
● Excellent communication, computer, interpersonal, organizational, and research skills are essential.
● Think independently, but also utilize teamwork strategies when faced with difficult tasks.
● Experience in local donor and foundation engagement would be beneficial.
Reports to the Executive Director. Please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to Tom von Oehsen at email@example.com to be considered for this position.
The salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $79,000.
Sign up for Emails