The Adult Day Center of Somerset County, an independent non-profit agency, has been providing comprehensive and compassionate adult day care services to vulnerable seniors and adults living with a dementia related illness in the greater Somerset County area for 45 years. Through our provision of services, thousands of older adults have been able to age in place, at home with their family caregivers, and avoid or delay institutional placement.
The ADC is a trusted elder care partner in central New Jersey, with a reputation for innovative service, the ability to care for an individual throughout the progression of their disease, and never turning anyone away for inability to pay for services. The ADC is seeking a Development Director that will be responsible for all aspects of fundraising to support the mission of the ADC.
The successful candidate will report to, and work collaboratively with the ADC Executive Director and Board of Trustees. The position is 30 hours per week, and the work schedule is flexible.
• Lead and manage 2 major fundraising events yearly: gala and wine tasting event
• Maintain existing funding sources through timely solicitations and ongoing stewardship
• Research and identify new funding sources and initiate requests
• Community outreach to educate and promote adult day care services
• Create and manage marketing materials
• Lead and manage individual giving programs and major gifts
• Execute monthly e-newsletter and manage agency’s social media
• Direct on-line and mail fundraising campaigns including year end appeal
• Maintain donor data base: currently Raiser’s Edge
Bachelor’s degree and three years experience in non-profit fundraising with a demonstrated ability to successfully raise funds, knowledge of central NJ corporate and non-profit community a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and writing skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising software
. • Good time management skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently
• A commitment to the agency’s mission and an interest in improving the quality of life for older adults, people living with Alzheimer’s disease, and their family caregivers.
• Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dedicated team.
• Able to interact with ADC members and caregivers
• High energy level, flexibility, sense of humor, and a willingness to pitch in where needed.
The salary range for the position is between $60,000 and $70,000 commensurate with experience.
To apply send a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Emails