Sales and Business Development Representative
Are you an energized and enthusiastic “self starter" who wants to take your sales and business development career to the next level? Are you strategic about finding new clients and getting them engaged, ready to buy and onboard to close the deal? Are you passionate about helping social service organizations and families? Are you detail-oriented and mission-driven? If so, keep reading!
What You’ll Do
• Develop new leads through research, cold-calling, networking, and strategizing with contacts and prospects. These primarily will be social service agencies (non-profits and government agencies). In addition, these will include foundations that could support our work, for example, in connection with the social service organizations they fund. Example sectors could include Head Start programs, organizations with case managers, and mentoring organizations.
• Conduct prospecting and qualification efforts for leads generated through a variety of marketing programs and have a short conversation with the prospect to establish their need
• Identify and recognize client business problems and educate potential clients on how OurREACH™ software and services can improve their day-to-day business problems and needs -- and the lives of the low-income families they serve
• Identify, research, call on, and interact with the senior-level executives and other decision-makers at targeted organizations
• Maintain a healthy pipeline through follow-up calls, emails, and potentially social media
• Manage a business plan by keeping prospect records current and active in Zoho
• Partner with other Lambent Data team members for demos
• Meet with other Lambent Data team members in (mostly virtual) meetings and communicate regularly in other ways
• At least 1 year of sales experience and or business development (tech background valuable but not required)
• History of goal achievement, a self-starter attitude, with a team orientation
• Knowledge of the public sector and/or experience working with nonprofits (especially those with case management) and/or foundations is a plus and may substitute for direct sales experience
• Bachelor’s degree; Associate's degree or current student in four-year program could be considered.
• Familiar with tools such as for document management and sharing (such as Google Docs Suite or Microsoft Suite), Trello, Slack, etc.
• Preference for someone based in New Jersey (not necessary to be in or near Princeton)
Hours per week: 15-20 hours per week
Virtual, In-Person, or Hybrid? Hybrid -- mostly virtual with some in-person meetings; we are happy to discuss this further.
Start Date: as soon as possible; we would work with you to be flexible regarding when you can begin. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Lambent Data is an early-stage, social impact company. Lambent Data’s OurREACH™ is a collaborative software engagement platform and app, with data analytics, which can transform how families engage with social service providers and can help those families overcome poverty. OurREACH™ equips social service and healthcare providers to better reach low-income families and empowers the families to reach their milestones and improve their outcomes in myriad arenas. We’re a diverse team of people, including Advisors and Interns, who come together to help organizations transform lives. We are in a pilot in New Jersey with a national organization. We are engaging with social service organizations that could be potential additional Early Adopters as customers and also with foundations that could support this work through their grant-making to social service agencies engaging families. These customers, potential customers, and foundations affect countless lives every day.
More Details on Lambent Data
Over 2 in 5 people in the U.S. struggle to make ends meet, juggling challenges in health, housing, jobs, education, and nurturing their children. Social service and healthcare providers assist, but current case management tools fall short; they're geared for providers and not for families. Lambent Data’s OurREACH™ collaborative software engagement platform and app, with data analytics, equips social service and healthcare providers to better reach families and empowers the families to reach their milestones and improve their outcomes in myriad arenas. Providers subscribe to the SaaS tool and deploy log-ins to staff and families for the app, which addresses health, social determinants of health (e.g., housing, jobs, education), financial literacy, and child development. The tool is free for the families. We are in a pilot in NJ with a national organization serving teen parents and have a robust pipeline of potential customers. We are also in the process of raising additional funds for further scaling. Please also note our commitment to equity, justice and community, as noted in the document posted on our website in the About section.
$28 per hour and opportunity for bonus based on results, eligible for 401K after 6 months of employment. This position could grow into a full-time position over time, if mutually agreed. Potential bonuses based on success may be offered.
Apply on Idealist by clicking here.
Sign up for Emails