The Watershed Institute, a dynamic and multifaceted nonprofit conservation organization seeks a talented, full-time Digital Marketing Specialist who is passionate about content development and communications. Candidates must be accomplished with graphic design and video production, creating and managing media campaigns and be familiar with print media formats. This role has a range of responsibilities to inform and communicate on behalf of the Watershed’s team of scientists, policy makers and educators. This position reports to the Director of Development and is a member of the Development and Communications team. The Watershed Institute is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from people of color, particularly residents of Trenton and neighboring communities.
Candidates must be prepared to work in a team environment of development professionals to align messaging, plan communications, and create and execute fundraising strategies. Multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, and prompt communications skills are essential qualities for this position.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for designing and editing visuals for deployment on digital and social media formats, as well as in signage and print functions. The Watershed has a goal of telling stories through these visuals to project a positive and inclusive message for clean water and a healthy environment. This position is responsible for refining the user experience across platforms to deliver a consistent, secure, and professional appearance for the organization.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
● Preparing print and digital advertisements for events and campaigns
● Creating compelling visuals and infographics for both digital and print needs
● Filming & editing videos about clean water programs & activities
● Designing, building, & maintaining social media content – including moderating, response, & tracking
● Identifying trends & insights in user data for growth and optimization, and reporting ROI
● Overseeing file management for multimedia access amongst staff, storage, and backup
● Creating and upload content on the Watershed’s website
● Producing and managing the Wellspring, the Watershed’s quarterly print newsletter
Candidates must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as some combination of core Adobe Creative Suite programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Lightroom. Cloud storage experience in Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive is essential. Familiarity with Constant Contact or Mail Chimp, Google Ads, and/or Google Analytics is preferred. Some training can be provided.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will work with a variety of staff, vendors, and partner organizations concerning print specifications as well as web ready graphics. Working knowledge of file types and best practices for sharing and storage is essential.
● Experience in animation, interactive web graphics, or basic coding languages is a plus
● Non-profit experience and/or enthusiasm for conservation
● Spanish Speaking Fluency
Salary: $45,000 -$55,000 depending on experience
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal time, health, dental, and life insurance, and 403b retirement savings opportunities. Regular working hours are flexible, as some evening and weekend hours are required with this position. Dormitory housing on the Watershed’s property is available (interested applicants should ask for additional details).
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and in the subject line list job code DMS2000. A portfolio and references will be requested if selected for an interview.
Learn more about The Watershed Institute
Sign up for Emails