Women In Development of Mercer County (WID) is a local professional association of women in the field of development. WID empowers and advances women as professional fundraisers. WID membership allows women at all levels to improve their professional skills and broaden their career opportunities. WID members network with each other, share information about the profession, and become better fundraisers overall.
Members…are dedicated to the advancement of women in their fundraising careers, while upholding the highest professional standards.
…include newcomers to the field as well as seasoned professionals;
…work in all sizes and types of institutions.
Member benefits include:
- Invitations to WID signature events, Roundtable breakfasts, and other networking gatherings at reduced program fees;
- Access to the WID Membership Database – WID’s membership database is available only to current members to facilitate informal networking and the sharing of best practices. Members can Login to access the Directory and other valuable content: http://widmercer.org/site/members-only.
- Mentoring – WID members seeking advice and guidance in specific areas related to development, will have access to our list of mentors in the member directory who are willing to share their expertise and knowledge in the field.
- Job opportunities
- Private networking group on LinkedIn to pose questions and share resources.
- E-news bulletins with recent news, events, job openings, resources and more.
- Access to 990s – A compilation of thousands of 990s from nonprofits in Mercer County.
- WID~Tips, WID Talks and program handouts – quick tips and longer format articles and podcasts will be archived for Members Only access.
- Community Events Calendar – an event planning resource to avoid dates conflicting with other events in the area. Submit your nonprofit event details to firstname.lastname@example.org to post at no cost.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Members may serve on a WID committee to participate more actively with the WID community and contribute to the advancement of the development field.